Re: desktops in KDE vanished

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999, you wrote:

Hye

Have faced the same problem and even by changing the number of desktops to four
whenever i logout and restart i get only the 2 messages , though i can change
the width of the desktop buttons from the panel configuration menu .. the loss
in diskspace in my case was relatively much smaller though and am not too sure
if kde could be blamed for it ...
hope we find a solution .
 everybody,

>I was trying to extract files from one of the archieve files from PCQ June CD
>in KDE and during execution suddenly my system hanged (like in windows), the
>mouse was not moving. This hanging problem even occurs in KDE ?
>
>I had no other option but to press the reset button. When I rebooted to my
>surprise the system was now showing that 45% of disk space is used. Before
>rebooting it was 38%. Mine is a 2GB Linux partition. Next surprise was when I
>started X in KDE I am not getting all the four desktops which I was getting
>earlier. In control center now there are no entries in desktop settings. and I
>get only two buttons on Kpanel(without desktop 1 and desktop 2 written on them)
>on which if I click then I get my desktop 1 and 2 wallpapers which I had
>set. Where are the remainig 2 desktops. Why the text on the exisisting two
>desktop buttons vanished and how to bring back those two desktops.
>
>For the increase in diskspace I tried to remove files from /tmp directory. But
>still it is showing the same. What could be the problem ?. How can I get all
>the four desktops in KDE ? Please help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Waiting for your replies.
>

>Regards