desktops in KDE vanished

Hi everybody,

I was trying to extract files from one of the archieve files from PCQ June CD
in KDE and during execution suddenly my system hanged (like in windows), the
mouse was not moving. This hanging problem even occurs in KDE ?

I had no other option but to press the reset button. When I rebooted to my
surprise the system was now showing that 45% of disk space is used. Before
rebooting it was 38%. Mine is a 2GB Linux partition. Next surprise was when I
started X in KDE I am not getting all the four desktops which I was getting
earlier. In control center now there are no entries in desktop settings. and I
get only two buttons on Kpanel(without desktop 1 and desktop 2 written on them)
on which if I click then I get my desktop 1 and 2 wallpapers which I had
set. Where are the remainig 2 desktops. Why the text on the exisisting two
desktop buttons vanished and how to bring back those two desktops.

For the increase in diskspace I tried to remove files from /tmp directory. But
still it is showing the same. What could be the problem ?. How can I get all
the four desktops in KDE ? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your replies.

Regards