Re: desktops in KDE vanished

Hi everybody,

Sorry for sending the mail which is below. I solved the problem. In KPanel
Configuration, there is a Desktop tab in which u can set the no. of desktops as
well as give the name of your choice to the individual desktops. But the puzzle
is how this happended automatically.

Bye, keep in touch

Rajesh

 1999, you wrote: > Hi everybody, >
> I was trying to extract files from one of the archieve files from PCQ June CD
> in KDE and during execution suddenly my system hanged (like in windows), the
> mouse was not moving. This hanging problem even occurs in KDE ?
>
> I had no other option but to press the reset button. When I rebooted to my
> surprise the system was now showing that 45% of disk space is used. Before
> rebooting it was 38%. Mine is a 2GB Linux partition. Next surprise was when I
> started X in KDE I am not getting all the four desktops which I was getting
> earlier. In control center now there are no entries in desktop settings. and I
> get only two buttons on Kpanel(without desktop 1 and desktop 2 written on them)
> on which if I click then I get my desktop 1 and 2 wallpapers which I had
> set. Where are the remainig 2 desktops. Why the text on the exisisting two
> desktop buttons vanished and how to bring back those two desktops.
>
> For the increase in diskspace I tried to remove files from /tmp directory. But
> still it is showing the same. What could be the problem ?. How can I get all
> the four desktops in KDE ? Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Waiting for your replies.
>

> Regards