Re: Help with Linux.

Thanks to all you people for your inputs. I tried what ravi shanker had
asked me to and things seems to work fine. It is true (as sundeep holani
had mentioned) that a lot of files have not been installed due to lack
of disk space. I really think I need to do a re-install as most of the
packages complain about missing files, But my first experience has given
me more confidence now.

I have another query: Is there any disadvantage in just having one
partition (other than for swap) with / as  mounting point or should we
have seperate partitions for /usr, / , /home etc. seperately (as
recommended) ?

Thanks and Regards
Subbiah