KDE in RH 6.0

The KDE in CHIP CD of RH6.0 comes with version of 1.1.1pre2-1. Is it
prerelease version of KDE 1.1. However when I go to control center of
KDE I get version as 1.1.
I was using kppp in RH 5.2 given PCQ CD without problem. But kppp in KDE
given in CHIP CD, during setup when I do modem query gives message'
Could not create modem lock file'. I installed RH 6.0 with out KDE and
tried to install KDE 1.1 from Apr PCQ CD. But the script says it is for
version of RH 5.2 only. Whether it is the problem of installation script
only? Can install individual packages? I hope it should work. Any
suggestion?
- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx