Re: pop server setup.......

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Manoj wrote:

=>I tried:   telnet localhost 110       but just after establishing the connection , it gave a message ' connection closed by foreign host '
=>I made entries in the /etc/inetd.conf  and /etc/services as well
=>But i'm not sure if the pop server is functioning alright ..... How do i check and what do i have to do if it is not working?
=>

hi

 i had the same problem, and it turned out that i hadn't installed tcp
wrappers (or something like that - i forgot the package name - it was a
long time ago). check if u have installed it.

- -amit

Power corrupts.  And atomic power corrupts atomically.