RE: pop server.......

> I got RH 5.2 installed on my box. I want to make it a pop3 server
> so as to pull the mails from my domain server ( using fetchmail
> probably). I have down loaded and installed qpopper 3.0 beta
> version.  But how do i know that the pop server is working ?

Actually a whole lot of trouble for nothing - pop3 comes with *any* Linux
distribution, including RHL 5.2

All you need to do (if it isn't installed) is to pop in the cd, and

mount /mnt/cdrom
rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/imap*.rpm

However, *before* you do this, please undo all the changes you have made in
services and inetd.conf.

Atul