pop server setup.......

HI,

I got RH 5.2 installed on my box. I want to make it a pop3 server so as =
to pull the mails from my domain server ( using fetchmail probably). I =
have down loaded and installed qpopper 3.0 beta version.  But how do i =
know that the pop server is working ?

I tried:   telnet localhost 110       but just after establishing the =
connection , it gave a message ' connection closed by foreign host '
I made entries in the /etc/inetd.conf  and /etc/services as well
But i'm not sure if the pop server is functioning alright ..... How do i =
check and what do i have to do if it is not working?

Please help ......    Thanks a lot,

Manoj