Re: Information on Linux usage: A Survey

RANJAN DHINGRA wrote:

> Sir,
>    We are students of jagan institute of management studies and are
> conducting
> a market survey on linux. we will be to you thankful if you could
> kindly help us in
> completion of our project by providing your valuable inputs. We seek
> answers to the questions given below:
>
> Q1. what are your perceptions regarding linux as an OS?

The Best OS for a network, the most stable

> Q2. are you satisfied with linux?

Yes, Of Course.

> Q3. which application do you use on linux?

WebMaker, GIMP, StarOffice. E-Macs, C, C++, JAVA nd last but not least for
entertainment
xmms.

> Q4. is back end support necessary for linux support?

Not at all.

> Q5. have you heard about linuxpertise?

Yes .

> Q6. how do you perceive it?

perceive what ??

> Q7. how linux affect you area of activity?

Completely.

> Q8. how would you compare windows with linux?

No Comparison at all. Linux is far too superior to be compared with
Windows.

> Q9. how would you rate popularity of linux in india?

low ;-(

>       low, moderat or high.
> Q10. please rate all the OS in terms of grades as following:

> 1.poor 2.satisfactory 3.good 4.v.good 5 excelent
>
>     OS            win nt                unix     linux         netware
> a.stability      good                    NA     Excellent    NA
> b.support       satisfactory        NA       v.good        NA
>  c.price            good                  NA    Excellent    NA
> d.performance  good                NA     v.good        NA
> e.completeness  good                NA    Excellent    NA
>
> Q11. how would you rank the following attributes that are the main
> reason for linux success:
> 1.low price        2.open source software
> 3.customisable     4.no single ownership
> 5.support from users and internet groups

All the factors.

> Q12. what is the future of linux in the market?

Simply Great. Wait and watch.

> Q13. what are the barriers that come in your way while using linux?

Hmmm. Nuthin as of now. ;^)

> Q14. how can the linux share be improved in india?

By Linux-Literacy campaign

> Q15. what more services do you expect from linux?

I get everything. What else can I expect ??

> Q16. how much are you willing to pay for the services being provided to
> you?

Wrong side of the question!!! ;^)

> Q17. is their any organisation which is providing you services for
> linux?

Sorry!! Actually I am on the organisation which provides services. ;^).

> Q18. what OS were you using before using linux/

Obviously M$ Windoze.

> Q19. have you fully switched over to linux or partially?

Fully.

> Q20. do you think linux popularity will grow in india/

Yeah. sure

>      what persuaded you to use linux?

Linux itself cause of all it's good points. Started for a 486 to a PIII.
;^)

> Q21. HCL is providing services for linux what do you think about it?

it's great i feel. It builds up confidence among people that ok we too can
go for linux now.

> We look forward to hearing from you.
> thanking you
>
> your sincerely