Re: Information on Linux usage: A Survey

- --- RANJAN DHINGRA <ranjandhingra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sir,
>    We are students of jagan institute of management
> studies and are
> conducting
> a market survey on linux. we will be to you thankful
> if you could
> kindly help us in
> completion of our project by providing your valuable
> inputs. We seek
> answers to the questions given below:
>
> Q1. what are your perceptions regarding linux as an
> OS?
 Excellent!
> Q2. are you satisfied with linux?
    Yes.
> Q3. which application do you use on linux?
     C,C++,Java,PostGresql,Latex,xv,Xfig,Networking....
> Q4. is back end support necessary for linux support?
    No.
Q5. have you heard about linuxpertise?
    No.
> Q6. how do you perceive it?
> Q7. how linux affect you area of activity?
   Completely.
> Q8. how would you compare windows with linux?
Winodws is also a good Os But I find Linux better.
> Q9. how would you rate popularity of linux in india?
>       low, moderat or high.
moderate.
> Q10. please rate all the OS in terms of grades as
> following:
> 1.poor 2.satisfactory 3.good 4.v.good 5 excelent
>
>     OS            win nt    unix     linux
> netware            3         3         5
> a.stability        3          4         3
> b.support           5         4         3
> c.price             2         2         5
> d.performance       3          3         4
> e.completeness      4          3         4
>
> Q11. how would you rank the following attributes
> that are the main
> reason for linux success:
1.low price
2.open source software
4.no single ownership
 5.support from users and internet groups
3.Customisable
> Q12. what is the future of linux in the market?
Bright!
> Q13. what are the barriers that come in your way
> while using linux?
Lack of knowledgeable person.
> Q14. how can the linux share be improved in india?
   By our effort.
> Q15. what more services do you expect from linux?
  More Documentation and User Manual.
> Q16. how much are you willing to pay for the
> services being provided to
> you?
 As per My Capacity.
> Q17. is their any organisation which is providing
> you services for
> linux?
 I don't know.
> Q18. what OS were you using before using linux/
    Windows,Unix,Dos
> Q19. have you fully switched over to linux or
> partially?
    Fully.
> Q20. do you think linux popularity will grow in
> india/
   No doubt.
>      what persuaded you to use linux?
 Its facility.
> Q21. HCL is providing services for linux what do you
> think about it?
 Idon't Know.