Re: Help in Redhat Linux 6.0

unzip (for .zip files) ,uncompress (for .z files) are the programs which
will uncompress your zipped files. 'tar -xvf <filename>' will extract you
tarred file. As for Gnome, run each of these atleast once independently
,i.e., run enlightenment, then KDE by making changes to your .xinitrc and
.xsession file. Each of these will create a directory of theirs in your
id and later when you run any of these, in the popup menu you will see an
option to switch to any window manager of your choice.