Re: Help in Redhat Linux 6.0

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 02:42:45AM -0700, Tabrez Memon wrote:
- -> Hi all
- -> I've installed Redhat Linux 6.0 from the chip special cd.
- -> It is working fine..but in X windows.. I've managed to install and switch to
- -> KDE.
- -> But now How do I switch back to Gnome  or enlightment.

	edit the file .xinitrc in your home directory and add the line
exec gnome-session
	to it.

- -> Also I need help in intsalling the stuff from the second cd.
- -> I don't know how to install files with extension .tar , .z , .zip ,

	for .tar use  "tar xvf <filename.tar> " for .z use unpack, for .zip
use unzip  etc. usually they create a subdirectory at the same level and
put all the installation files there. go into the subdirectory and view
the "README" file[s]

- -> I've installed doom which was a .rpm , but when I installed Free
- -> Civilization. It told me to re login .. After that every time I log in it
- -> says "bash FREE_CIV command not found"
- -> I don't know where to find this command.

	see whether "which FREE_CIV" gives the path [try as root if it does
not work for user and set read,execute perms for the directory/files if
it works for root]. in the worst case use "find / -name FREE_CIV" [it
takes a lot of time]

- --
With Regards,

S Ravi Shankar