Instant Messenger

Hi,

I am running a squid proxy server and it works fine for HTTP and FTP
connections. But now I've installed AOL instant messenger on a winNT
machine. Intenet works fine on that machine. But it is unable to connect to
the messenger service. It has the following settings

Proxy server: 192.168.1.1
Port: 3128 (This is the http port I've specified in squid.conf)
Protocol: HTTPS.

I think this is where I might be wrong. There are 2 other options available
for the protocol SOCKS4 and SOCKS5.
What protocol should I use? or what might be wrong with my settings

Thanks in  Advance

Sunil Sarat