kppp starting problem

Hi everybody,

Since during upgrade there was a reading error on CHIP CD-ROM and my
installation abruptly ended resulting in corrupt system files.

Now I have installed Red Hat 6.0 from the CD after creating a fresh partition.

When I try to start KPPP (through any other account than root) to dial to
internet I get the following error :

error :
pppd is not properly installed. The pppd binary must be installed with the SUID
bit set. Contact your System Administrator.

What could be the problem ? How to rectify it ?

Thanks in advance.

 --
Rajesh Fowkar