Re: Last Chance! Corps using Linux send your details Now!

> I'm talking at the Hacker/Linux'99 conference in Mumbai on Friday on
> ``Linux in the Office'' and was looking for some real-life examples of
> Linux usage in Indian organisations.  If you know of any, please send
> me a message.  Details will be appreciated (number of users, volume of
> data, time since implementation, configurations, comments or anything
> else you feel relevant).

Orgnisation: River Valley Technologies

Address:     Software Technology Park, Bakery Junction, Trivandrum

Activites: electronic document delivery, markup languages (TeX,
SGML, MathML, XML), client server applications using java front end and
postgress sql, structured cabling.

Operating Platform: Linux from 1995 onwards.

No of employees: 25 (expected to expand to 100 at the end of this year
using Linux)

Volume of data handled: 2.5MB ascii (marked up) data daily.

Server: PII 350 MHz. 64 MB RAM, SCSI, 4GB HDD, 24x CD, Tandberg Tape, etc
Nodes: 3 PII with above configuration, but IDE
       5 Celeron 300 MHz, 32 MB, 2 GB IDE
       5 166 MHz pentium, 32 MB, 2 GB IDE
       3 60 MHz pentium, 32 MB 1 GB IDE
       1 100 MHz pentium, 64 MB, SCSI, 4GB
       10 486, 66 MHz, 16MB, 540 MB HD

other facilities include postscript printer, scsi cdwriter, qic80 backup
devices, etc.

no other OS other than Linux is available in our company.

NIS is being implemented and users can login from any system. DNS and Mail
server are also available. all the employees have independent mail ids
(userid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

mails dumped at mail.river-valley.com are automatically downloaded every
hour and procmail distributes them to all users.

users can send off-line mail which will be flushed when connected to the
mail server at river-valley.com

radhakrishnan