Re: KPPP Problems...

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Parthasarathy Sundararajan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I using RH ver 5.2 (PCQ Distribution!).
>
>   KPPP had been running fine for the past 5 days (since installation!) and
> today when I load KPPP (from kDE) I get the following error message :

Assuming that there were no major changes, this problem could arise

kerneld is not running (for kernel 2.0.X)
ppp  module is missing from the /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net dir
(How does this happen ??)
Some times symbolic link  /lib/modules/preffered to /lib/modules/`uname -r`

(Why do RH wants to create a new standard like this ???)

check all above

- -Chetan

>   "This kernel has no PPP support neither compiled in nor via the kernel
> module loader. To solve this problem, contact the systems administrator or
> install a kernel with PPP support"
>
>   Pls note that I was able to send/recv mails (connect to Internet) before
> this error.
>
> Pls help
>
> Regards
> - Partha

> 	Act as though it were impossible to fail
> Parthasarathy Sundararajan
> India
> Email : sp_sarathy@xxxxxxxxx
> Web   : http://www.pradam.com
>         http://www.grecoaching.com
>         http://www.indianstudents.com

> Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
> Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw