RE: Staroffice 5.0

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Chetan Kumar wrote:

> This is too strong words on the list. You got to appreciate the efforts
> from CHIP. It is Linux that matters not the magzine, and CHIP have made a
> real good effort to bring up Linux. And mind you that is the first attempt
> from Chip.

Yup, I agree completely. Whatever faults the CHIP Linux CD may have, it
does not deserve this kind of condemnation.

Much of the feedback about CHIP's Linux effort comes from this list, just
as PCQ's does. If you are going to trash the whole effort on the basis of
one tiny blooper, then you are discouraging them as well as anyone else
planning to bring out a Linux CD, which means the entire community loses.

Think about that.

For the record - there is nothing wrong with CHIP's Linux CD. It installs,
it runs, its Linux. And frankly - that's all *I* would be bothered about.

Atul
(not speaking for PCQ)