Re: 16 bit colour in KDE. How?

Hi.
I'm not sure about the command.. but there's another way to do it

Start X windows using the "startx" command

Then got to the "Administration" menu and under that go to "Text- mode Tool
menu"

Under that chose "X configurator" ... This will again run the video card
search as it did when Linux was installed..

Select the moniter type.. Then probe your video card .. If the default
values are acceptable by you then say " Use Default" else chose the colour
mode and screen resolution yourself.. Then complete the setup by letting it
start X windows and check the new config..

and Voila! it is done..

I have a bit of problem..

How do you install stuff from Linux.. I've installed RedHat 6.0 from The
CHIP cd and the CD2 has loads of apps like star office 5.0, wordperfect ,
games , etc.. But How do I install them.

I can install the rpm packages.. but files with the .tar, .z , .zip
extensions are not being installed..
Also how do I switch to KDE from After Step

Helpp!!

Thanks a lot

Tabrez