Interesting link - Increasing Modem speed

Hi all,
	Here is a link for IRQ Tune - and I quote fm the web page :

- --Quote--
irqtune changes the IRQ priority of devices to allow devices that
require high priority and fast service (e.g. serial ports, modems) to
have it.

With irqtune, a 3X speedup of serial/modem throughput is possible.
- --Unquote--

Which means faster net connection, downloads etc etc.

While I haven't tried this out myself, users of this program swear by
it. So, in case you are interested :

http://www.best.com/~cae/irqtune/

BGa

ps: hmm ok, the Modem speed doesn't increase, its just that the serial
I/O gets higher priority, but I thought "Increase your Modem speed"
would grab more attention and hence more users benefit... :)