Re: installation help for sybperl-2.10_01 in linux

Hi,
  I've installed sybperl 2.10_02 on Redhat Linux 5.2.  The installation process is as follows:
1. You will require Sybase ASE for Linux 11.0.3.3. You will get it from ftp.suse.com. Its a 32 MB download. Unpack the rpm but do not install Sybase if you don't want it. The older version of ctlibs will NOT work.
2. Read the README file in the directory where you've unpacked sybperl.
3. Dynamic loading is possible contrary to what is given there (It worked for me ;-)
4. DON'T forget to set DBLIBVS to 0 and EXTRA_LIBS=-linsck.
5. Look for additional help on linux.sybase.com. There are several links there to help you.
6. Mail me with full details of your installation process if you have any problems ;-)

Bye and happy installation.

Arvind.
- --