Re: Anyone for a Combined effort?

Vikram wrote :

>However I feel that the Open Software spirit hasn't started off
>here.People work alone or in isolated groups.I haven't seen a single
> >"Indian" software in places
>like Freshmeat.I think it's time we organise ourselves into one
>huge group to co-ordinate the efforts of people to produce Linux
>apps.,docs.,etc.

	I couldn't possibly agree more with Vikram here ! I have always dreamed of
having something like this in India and it seems to me that this is the
right time ! I mean, if we could achieve this level of expertise in Linux ,
don't you guys aout there think that it is time we started pooling our
resources ( as in time and brains and, of course, knowledge ) for the cause
of Open Software development ?

>We should have something like  Linux Developers Guild where people
>share their work with others.We can start off with what people have
>started in their schools\college\free time to produce something more
>professional as per the Linux standards.Deadlines also become important
>and without them nothing really come out.I think this is the one big
>factor.Only in an organisation this is possible.

	Amen to that !!

>     We(??) have already done something very big in the form of this
>mailing list and have really succeeded
>in acheiving the goals of helping people to get over their >difficulties
>with Linux.

>It's time we did something more productive and
>challenging.Something we can show others and feel proud of.We can >learn
>how to work in a "virtual" group thro' our experiences.
>
>     Having said so much I wonder why I didn't raise these in an >ILUG-C
>meeting.

	Hey, Vikram, I'm in Chennai too ! I really think we should go right ahead
cuz I'm sure there are hundreds of people like us out there ( especially
students ) So let's work for it man !!

	BTW, how about discussing more of this thru private e-mail ?

     And this goes for all you linux-developer-enthusiasts too !!

	Let's do it people !!!

Ravi