Re: Anyone for a Combined effort?

On 24-6-99 Vikram was caught saying:

>I think it's time we organise ourselves into one
> huge group to co-ordinate the efforts of people to produce Linux
> apps.,docs.,etc.

Amen to that!

>It's time we did something more productive and
> challenging.Something we can show others and feel proud of.We can learn
> how to work in a "virtual" group thro' our experiences.Somebody here
> will sure have prior experiences in working
> in such a group.I hope they will help in organising.

Nothing like it, but why wait - We can start it in our own and keep
learning.

The field of software is so big an direction less effort is not going to
take us any where.
Similarly, there is no point in re-discovering the wheel, just for the shake
on 'Indian' stamp on it.

We can start off first by demand assessment.  All of us can contribute to a
wish list -
a list of software which we would like to have but not available presently
on Linux.

I am yet to see a good package on :
CAD (e.g.. AutoCAD),
Simulation (e.g.. GPSS),