Re: LINUX AND TV SET

Hi

I got a svgacard with tvout here in chennai for around Rs 650/- It was a
cyberpro2000 and my tv is LG goldeneye. I even got vga16 server up and
running on my Debian slink system without any difficulty. But the TV out is
not that good as the letters were not sharp enough. So I didnt try getting
svga server running because it wouldnt be worth the effort.

Maybe its the limitation of the tv resolutions rather than anything else. I
had the same problems when I used the card under win95. Using the card with
svga moniters gave me no problems ( both win95 and debian). But for the
same price I can get a s3 trio or a cirrus logic card which gives me better
performance. Viewing vcd films on win95 on the tv was also not as good enough.

In a nutshell

1)	Yes it works.
2)	Its usable provided you are propared to accept the limitations and are
on a really 	tight budget.

There are a number of agp cards with tv out. Has anyone tried them on linux
systems???