Re: LINUX AND TV SET

Has anybody used the latest Matrox cards like G200 and G400 ? They have a=

composite channel for video. Is it IN or OUT ? Can it be used to send vid=
eo
signal to the TV ?
- -swaps

"Arvind H Kamath" <hakamath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi harvinder,
>   a TV set can be used as a monitor but it is not recommended as the ra=
nge
of vert and horiz frequencies required for a computer monitor is far grea=
ter
than that  required for a TV set. It can result in the TV set going bad s=
oon.
You are however free to experiment ;-).
> =

> bye
> Arvind
> --
> >HI ALL
> >I am planning to use linux at my home =

> >the problem is that i want to utilize the =

> >resources to the fullest thus i want to =

> >use my TV set as a monitor. =

> >has anyone ever used  TV set as a monitor, if yes =

> >has anyone ever used linux over ( how well the  XFree86 scale with =

> >this kind of configuration). how good is the resolution.
> >and how easy to configure it.
> >

> >regards
> >harry

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=