Re: Booting problem

Hi kunal,
  Probably your MBR is overwritten. There is however a solution for your problem. What you must do is to use the utilities provided with linux. If you use the CDROM from where you installed Redhat 5.2, in the dosutils directory you will find a utility loadlin. Also in the autoboot subdirectory of dosutils you will find a generic linux kernel(vmlinuz).Boot using this kernel using the command
  loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/whatever_it_is_on_your_disk
Then once in linux, login as root and run
  root# /sbin/lilo
All will be well once again.

Happy linuxing once again.
Arvind