Information on Linux usage: A Survey

Sir,
   We are students of jagan institute of management studies and are
conducting
a market survey on linux. we will be to you thankful if you could
kindly help us in
completion of our project by providing your valuable inputs. We seek
answers to the questions given below:

Q1. what are your perceptions regarding linux as an OS?
Q2. are you satisfied with linux?
Q3. which application do you use on linux?
Q4. is back end support necessary for linux support?
Q5. have you heard about linuxpertise?
Q6. how do you perceive it?
Q7. how linux affect you area of activity?
Q8. how would you compare windows with linux?
Q9. how would you rate popularity of linux in india?
      low, moderat or high.
Q10. please rate all the OS in terms of grades as following:
1.poor 2.satisfactory 3.good 4.v.good 5 excelent

    OS            win nt    unix     linux     netware
a.stability
b.support
c.price
d.performance
e.completeness

Q11. how would you rank the following attributes that are the main
reason for linux success:
1.low price        2.open source software
3.customisable     4.no single ownership
5.support from users and internet groups

Q12. what is the future of linux in the market?
Q13. what are the barriers that come in your way while using linux?
Q14. how can the linux share be improved in india?
Q15. what more services do you expect from linux?
Q16. how much are you willing to pay for the services being provided to
you?
Q17. is their any organisation which is providing you services for
linux?
Q18. what OS were you using before using linux/
Q19. have you fully switched over to linux or partially?
Q20. do you think linux popularity will grow in india/
     what persuaded you to use linux?
Q21. HCL is providing services for linux what do you think about it?
We look forward to hearing from you.
thanking you

your sincerely

ranjan dhingra