Re: Mouse problem in XWindows -Reply

On Thu, 27 May 1999, AMIT KUCHERIA wrote:

> Another problem i regularly face is when switching from console mode
> to X mode using Ctrl-Alt-F7.
> If i move my mouse quickly after switching, the X server crashes with
> the mesg -  device or resource busy...
>
> Probably the mouse server (i think there is one) is not able to switch
> quickly enuff.
>
> ciao,
> amit

That is probably because gpm is trying to use the same device /dev/cua?
with the X server. Remember, the /dev/cua? devices can be opened by
multiple processes, but not the /dev/ttyS? ones.

As far as the karan's problem is concerned i think the mouse type is not
setup correctly, or maybe even the link /dev/mouse points to the wrong
COM port, and might be confusing your modem for your mouse. However, for
this to be true, your gpm (mouse on console) would not also be working.

Regards,
Lokesh.