Re: Xfree86 problem

> Hi,
>    I am a Linux newbie and recently installed Linux onto my m/c from the
> PCQUEST CD-ROM. Now am getting a problem with the X-server. My card is an
> ATI Mach64 GT with Internal RAMDAC. After running Xconfigurator, gave all
	I have installed Linux on a similar machine. I am still not sure
of the problem, but can give some advice. Firstly, run Xconfig again.
Avoid internal clock chip setting and the RAMDAC setting. Just select ATI
Mach 64 GT card from the card list (I guess you must have been able to do
this by now.) Sometime during all these, a message will flash telling
Machserver is selected for X (I don't the exact message but machserver
exists.). you can avoid `probing' though it would not harm. Finally, when
it asks whether it should set the link and save the settings etc. press Y.
This should solve your problem. You can also edit the file
/etc/X/XF86Config and uncomment the line next to Videoram 4 mb etc. (I
have never understood why this line is always commented)
 Ashok