Linux , soundcard or netscape problem ?

Hi,
     I am having a strange problem , when playing MP3 files with x11amp ,
and using netscape alongside for browsing , when I scroll up or down , my
sound card often gets into a loop and the system reboots after a little
while. This is not exactly reproducible but happens quite often. I have had
this problem a couple of times even while scrolling in KFM or any other
windows too..  anybody has any idea?
    Another thing , using FVWM (i havent tried this on any others) when I
toggle the Numlock ON , all the windows get locked in their corresponding
positions. I can not drag the windows around the desktop.. I can not even
shift between windows. Is this a bug or a feature??
Regards,
Sundeep.