RE: UNIX & Windows...????

Mukund,

>Now back to your problem, After romancing with linux for last one and
half year, I have reduced my installation time of linux from 2 days to
20 minutes.

Well done... Mukund... You have become an expert... :)

>How ever after wasting two and half year on win95, I have a p166 on
which I am not able to install win95 for two full days. After
>complete installation win95 simply refuses to start, (loading himem.sys
hangs). I still do not know what is going wrong. But >with linux on
every step I knew what is wrong and could take proper action.

Hmm... Now this defies explanation... Maybe ur machine is in so much in
love with Linux... It doesn't want Win95 to boot...:)
Really I mean, any machine which can run Linux... can surely run Windows
95.

I had a problem with a motherboard... which was able to run Windows 98
but could proceed beyond the booting of the Linux kernel...:((

Finally, by act of faith... I managed to blow up the
motherboard...(rather short it...) and had to get it replaced... costed
me a good 9000/= bucks... because I blew the RAM SIMMS as well... but at
least had Linux running on the new system...:)))

Umm.... this might sound stupid... but have you thought of exchanging
that HIMEM.SYS file in last 2 and half years... hee hee..

Regards,
Shashank Banerjee
Software Consultant, Communications Division
DCM Data Systems
Vikrant Towers, 4, Rajendra Place, NEW DELHI - 110 008, INDIA
Ph: +91-11-5719967-76/E-mail: shashankb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.dcmds.com