Re: UNIX & Windows...????

Hello Everybody

  I have been listening to this debate for a while. While the answers
given by linux lovers stand very firm in practical situation, if the
criticism is dealt professionally, few good things can emerge for linux.

 1)The hardware probing & configuring need be done automatically, at least
for X. If windows can do it, why can't linux? If there is a central
database of hardware compatibility, then upgrading the hardware &
subsequent re-configuration should be an easy thing.

 2)Same idea can be extended to the hardware such as network cards &
configuring them automatically.

After all we can learn from things already done & make ourselves(i.e.
linux) better.

  Regards
    Shridhar