Re: UNIX & Windows...????

VaibhaV Sharma <helpindore@xxxxxxxx>  wrote --
...Snip....
> If you wanna try u can take the example of the NNTP server on WinNT that
> comes with IIS. I am not advocating MS products. I am trying to tell you
> that every OS has its OWN uses and flaws.
>
> So Please do not misguide new users who may be new to using Linux and MS
> products by advocating ONLY Linux. WinNT also has some good
> features....which are beneficial for the newbies....
>
> I hope I have not put up any point for more flames to develope.....
Windows NT may have some good things, I have no experience with
that. But my point is that people who could locate such good features in
WinNT or Win95 need not be discussing these things on this mailing
list. I think everybody on this list is an adult and have made a choice
of using or not using Linux or WinNT keeping very well in mind what
(s)he is expecting out of these OSes.

I thought the purpose of this mailing list was to help those people who
use or decided to use Linux. This is not really an advocacy mailing list
anyway.

By the way only good feature I could find in WinNT was that after
installing a simple word processing package on the OS you will have to
reboot it before it works.

Anyway that is another story.

VA
- --
Vinay Avasthi (Staff Engineer)                 ------   ,__o
Vinay_Avasthi-A12733@xxxxxxxxxxxxx            ------  _-\_<,
Motorola India Electronics Ltd.============  ------  (*)/'(*)
The Senate, 33A, Ulsoor Road, Bangalore India, 560042