RE: crypt system call

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> > I am porting some c++ program from Solaris to Linux. One module uses the
> "cyrpt" is not shipped for the simple reason that the US government does not
> permit the export of crypto software from the USA. This braindamage has been
<snip>

Hi, I think crypt is a simple hash function based on DES algorithm. And
same algo is used in passwd encryption. So if crypt can not be exported,
how is 'passwd' command sliped from the US gov encryption policy ?

- -Chetan S

> around for years, and the surgeon general has basically called the case
> terminal and recommends that the patient be shot at dawn, after being
> suspended by his toenails overnight.
>
> The way around it is to go to http://www.replay.com and pick up the required
> stuff.
>
> Atul

> Linux India is NOT a forum for Microsoft/India/Pakistan/US/UK bashing.
> Flame baits will not be tolerated.  If you can appreciate satire read
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/emily.html

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw