Re: Reg Intel Processors

> There is nothing wrong with continuing to use the P133, but if you want to
> move from a country road to an autobahn, you need to change tires. ;-)

Another Linux veteran gets taken in by controlled obsolesence!
The autobahn doesn't really change every year , and
poor little mid-80's Volkswagens run good. No way
compare it with a 1999 S-Class, but do I need to pay those
big DMs for going from Point A to Point B, even on the Infobahn?

You need not upgrade unless you feel the need to. I am pretty
sure I will be running my nearly 2 yrs old AMD K6 for at least
1 more year, if not more, because it does all I want and is
remarkably stable. Intel's tactics are not that much different
from MS! Actually , WinTel's really a good "you scratch my
back , I scratch yours" relationship.

I believe that people have got too spoilt my high clock speeds
and have stopped thinking enough about efficiency issues or bloat.
This is more true of  LoseDows users , but parts of our world
are getting there too!

- -Prasad