Re: Cache and linux

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 01:54:44AM +0530, Karan Girotra wrote:

> hye
> i have noticed that after using my system for some time it makes many
> more disk accesses than at the start and the performance also goes
> down .

It's probably your X server, which has a memory leak and bloats up.
Note down the size of the X server (ps aux | grep X) immediately after
you startx and at the time when you see the perf degradation. If there
is a large difference, you've got the culprit.

Solution ? The only thing that I know of is to restart the X server.
Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. If you have the time and inclination, run the X
server with memory leak detection libraries and fix them.

> Are there any utilities like cacheman  for linux which would clean the cache ?

What cache ?

	-Arun