Re: Audio ports... UDP ??

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Chetan Kumar wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, NTT India WebServices wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > use it through a Linux gateway, among other Lan users. I am able to
> > communicate with other win95 nodes on the lan via text messages, but not
> > audio. Paltalk support states that we may need to change the audio port on
> > udp above 2000. How do I do this? Is there anything to be added to
>
> AFAIK, gateway has got nothing to do with the port. If U are not running
> any firewall on gateway, that the data should exchange with out any
> problem.

And if the basic firewall (I suppose thats the case with PCQ installation)
and Ip masq enabled. I'm still unable to use tools like "net2Phone"
"webPhone" ...

Any reasons?

Only message i get is "you could be behind a firewall" but with Ip masq i
thought the packets should go through?

More information on this will help me to try and understand this problem.
One of the teams in my organisation is developing software for IP
telephony and they could use the info to build drivers for LINUX too.

- - Maneesh