GNOME hangs machine.

Hi,

I installed GNOME desktop from the PCQ CD. It hangs the machine
everytime. But KDE/FVWM/WindowMaker etc works perfectly allright. GNOME
is an excellent desktop to use, but I have switched back to old
WindowMaker, which seems to be more reliable.

Can anyone help me out on this ?? Thanks.

My PC config is as follows:

P-II/350, RAM 64 MB, SWAP SPACE 137 MB, HDD 4.3+4.3 GB,
Display Trident 3DImage975 , OS RedHat Linux 5.2, X-Server Xfree86
3.3.3.1/SVGA etc.

Rgds,
Rajendra
rajndra@xxxxxxxxx