GNUPLOT

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 09:17:56AM +0530, S Chetan Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Does anybody knows how do I print a hard copy of a plot, I obtain
> from GNUplot.
> -Chetan S

Hi,

There are two ways to get printouts from GNUplot.

If you have a postscript compatible printer, start gnuplot, do the entire
plotting on X or whatever, and just before exiting, give the command

save 'filename'

where filename in quotes. Then come out of gnuplot, edit the file filename,
and look for the line set term x11 (or whichever term you were using). Change
it to

set term postscript

and add a line immediately after that,

set output 'outfile.ps' (/dev/printername should also work, I have never tried
      that)

Now run gnuplot as

gnuplot filename

This will create the file outfile.ps which you can view via ghostview or
print.

If the above didn't work, just start gnuplot and give the command

load 'filename'

The second method is to create direct print files. For a laserjet printer, use
the commands instead of the above.

set term hpljii
set output 'file.lj'

Then print the file directly,

cat file.lj > /dev/<printer-device-name>

This should work. For other printers, look inside gnuplot's documentation.
Give the command

help set

Then select the subtopic term.

Hope this helps you,

Binand

PS: All the quote marks I have given are mandatory.