Re: I can't run sendmail normally

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 08:05:47PM +0530, anindya wrote:

> I am new to linux. Now after a long cry I was finally able to configure
> it. I made a user called anindya. I tryed sendmail -q command but it
> sayed command not found. But as root it does. I can't even halt my
> system with halt command. Can I give user anindya the rights to these
> two commands.

This is because sendmail and other sysad related stuff lie in the
directories /sbin or /usr/sbin (even though traditionally, there is a
link to sendmail in /usr/lib). These directories are not in everyone's
path by default. You can put these directories in your users' paths
(edit /etc/profile to do this) and all should be alright (note that your
users still won't be able to use many of the programs there, as most of
the stuff in these directories need root permissions to work).

Binand