Re: Sound Card Configuration Problem

pnpdump with -c option didn't work saying that lspci is not available.
Howevre with out it I triued. It worked. I got a isapnp.conf file. I ran
isapnp. I got the msg reagrding aztech card. But when i conf. for
soundblaster/ pro /16, with the IRQ, I/O and DMA I got the same previous
msg.
No solution.
SrinivasaG wrote:

> Yes,
>  I have faced this problem before. It looks like wrong IRQs are being
> assigned. One thing I found is, the IRQ and DMA values for the card on
> Windows is quite different from that on Linux. But it works. I have both
> win98 as well as RH5.2 on my system and the card works fine in both. One
> thing you have to check is to see that modular sound  support is present in
> your kernel. If it is RH5.2 from PCQ CD with PCQUPDATE, it is already there.
> If you are using RH5.1, you have to recompile the kernel with modular sound
> support. To do this, read SoundCard-HOWTO and Kernel-HOWTO. Better option is
> to upgrade to RH5.2
>
> Second point is check what the pnpdump says. See if all logical devices are
> configured properly, only once.
> Then run isapnp . You should get an output like "Sound blaster 2.2 detected.
> OK" or something like that.
>
> Now, you can go ahead either loading sound modules using modprobe, or run
> sndconfig, select an appropriate card, (I selected Sound Blaster Pro for my
> Aztech SC-16 3D ISA based on Analog's AD1816 chipset). And select exactly
> the same IRQ,DMAs that you read in pnpdump ouput. I assume you are storing
> the pnpdump ouput in /etc/isapnp.conf.
>
> After this, you should hear the sound of Linus.
>
> HTH,
> Srini.

- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx