Re: Linux on Compaq Notebook

sanjay chaudary wrote:

>    Win 3.11 on  it .  His  notebook  has  an  external  floppy  drive
> and  has
>    4 MB Ram . Hes got  400 MB hard disk  .  He  can  connect  a  CD -
> Drive

>    He  wants  to  run  X also ( Only  4 MB Ram ,  so  needs  swap  space
> of  say
>    12 MB )

X may be very slow on such a machine. I tried to use X with 4 MB ,
but it was thrashing.

If he has a ethernet card, he can install Linux
via NFS. Temporarily , you may want to use a PCMCIA eth card, if it
is not already available.

Otherwise, the config is quite adequate to run Linux nicely , esp
Slackware.

- - Prasad