Re: Linux on Compaq Notebook

Hi,
   My  friend  wants  to  install  linux  on  Compaq  Aero 4/33C
notebook . Its listed
   in  Patrick vokerding's Linux  Installation  book  with  ver  3.2
on  it .

   I  checked out  the  URLs  given  .  But I  found   it  difficult
to  understand.
   Anybody  with  experience  on  this  machine. He  wants  to  install
Linux  and
   Win 3.11 on  it .  His  notebook  has  an  external  floppy  drive
and  has
   4 MB Ram . Hes got  400 MB hard disk  .  He  can  connect  a  CD -
Drive
   externally . (Doesnt  have1  but ).

   Any1  tried  out  on  this  machine ?  Which  distribution  may  be
suitable ?
   (Please  no  flames  and  distribution  wars)

   He  wants  to  run  X also ( Only  4 MB Ram ,  so  needs  swap  space
of  say
   12 MB )

   Subtract  80 MB  for  Win 3.11 .   That  approximately  leaves  300
MB if  He
  can  run  X . Plus some  free  disk  space  may  be  required  for
temporary
  files ,  swap  files  and  *virtual  memory (doe  Win 3.11 use  hard
disk
  space  for  this ?)

   Under  these constraints ,  could  somebody  suggest  a  solution ?
   *No  Flames / Wars *

   Thanks
   Sanjay