Printing under Debian slink

Hi,

Under hamm, I could print plain text files with the command "lpr
filename". After upgrading to slink, the printer does not print
anything with the same command. "lpq" shows that the job is pending.
If I try to do "lprm job_num", the system does not respond. I have to
press ctrl-c, to get back the prompt. I am using a custom kernel
wherein the parallel port support is loaded as a module. I have
checked this with the lsmod command also. But for a text file, I can
do cat filename >/dev/lp0. What can be done to restore the old
behaviour? Anything else to be done for lprm to behave properly?

Thanks,

sridhar

Sridhar M. A.
Department of Physics