RE: Re: Sound Card Configuration Problem

Hi,
  First check that  your card is sound blaster compatible.
  Run pnpdump with -c option and copy the output to isapnp.conf
  Run isapnp
  modprobe -a sound

This configures the sound card completely.
If you want run sndconfig and give the same IRQ DMA values as shown in your
isapnp.conf
This has worked with me with at least two junk cards - Avance and Aztech.

HTH,
Srini.