Re: Document Prep using Linux (fwd)

> As far as I know there are no MS-Word (or MS-*) converters for TeX or
> LaTeX.  I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this!
	I guess M$-WORD speakes rtf,html more or less natively. So converter
to/from these may also suffice.

> Finally, my personal opinion: while the learning curve for getting to use
> TeX/LaTeX effectively is pretty steep, the functionality of the package
> and the incredible quality of the final output convinced me long ago that
> it was the ultimate document preparation tool.  You can actually format
> the same text using any other tool (e.g. MS-Word) and TeX and compare the
> printouts on the same printer, and you will see what I mean.

	I think the main point Tex has over others is concept and enforcing
of structure of document, i.e. chapter may have any number of
sections, each may have any number of subsections, or letter should
have header, sbuject, body, signature etc, Which any of other So-
Called-Word-Processors do not enforce, let alone support.
- -- Vardhan@xxxxxxxxxxxx