Re: Mail distribution

P Venugopal wrote:

> L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> >
> > I have one main administrative office and for branch offices in a city.
> > I have a single dial up account from vsnl. I want to down load mail from
> > vsnl and distribute in individual office mail box in linux box in Adm..
> > office so that branch offices can download their mail using dial up from
> > their win95 boxes. How to go about it. I will be thankful if I am
> > pointed some documentation in linux box or net. I have RHL 5.2 that came
> > in Mar PCQ CD fully installed. Head office PC configuration is Intel
> > celeron 300A, 3.2 GB HDD, 32 MB RAM and without any NIC cards.
> >
> Hello ,
>
> You can configure sendmail service on your RH server and install pppd.
> This enables any windows95 m/c to connect to your box and use mail
> services. To flush to mail to internet and receive from internet. You
> have use pppd to connect to ISP.
>
> Documentation - /usr/doc/HOWTO/ISP-Hookuo-HOWTO
> /usr/doc/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO
> /usr/doc/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO
>
> You can also search on www.redhat.com
>
> Try running update scripts provided on PCQuest (same month). It will
> configure for pppd ( not sure of this ) if you have modem connected.
>
> I have done this with slackware 1.0.2
>
> I wish you good luck

Thanks for the good wishes.
I am downloading mails using netscape4.5 in linux. from netsacpe how to
distribute to various users? I have installed and did updates using PCQ
scripts. How to configure sendmail so that win95 clients can access
their account and download the mails using dialup. any pointers for each
of these activities?
- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx