Re: Mail distribution

"L.V.Gandhi" wrote:

> As I have already written, I am downloading mail using netscape for a
> single address. I am thinking of forwarding to various user accounts
> manually. But I want users from various offices to dial and collect
> their mails. How my linux m/c and their windows m/c should be
> configured?

It is not clear if you are using netscape on linux? However *only* linux
can do what you want do ;-)
So I presume you have linux server , and your *other*  offices are
located in other part of city. OK.

You will have to configure your linux server exactly similar to VSNL
server.
Which allows dial in shell (or even tcp/ip) connection, pop3 and smtp
server, and menu based interface (and some hacking too ;-) )

Now your other offices can log in via modem get a menu base interface or
pop3 / smtp sever via shell prompt. To them your server would be exactly
similar to vsnl sever.

You can log to real vsnl server (may be by another modem) periodically.
Use sendmail to send all the users mail and fetchmail + procmail to get
and distribute incoming mail.

You can also give ftp, browsing services to user. You can give web
browsing services also to user at fixed time when server is connected to
real vsnl.

Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html