Re: Mail distribution

L.V.Gandhi wrote:

> I have one main administrative office and for branch offices in a city.
> I have a single dial up account from vsnl. I want to down load mail from
> vsnl and distribute in individual office mail box in linux box in Adm..
> office so that branch offices can download their mail using dial up from
> their win95 boxes. How to go about it. I will be thankful if I am
> pointed some documentation in linux box or net. I have RHL 5.2 that came
> in Mar PCQ CD fully installed. Head office PC configuration is Intel
> celeron 300A, 3.2 GB HDD, 32 MB RAM and without any NIC cards.

Hello ,

You can configure sendmail service on your RH server and install pppd.
This enables any windows95 m/c to connect to your box and use mail
services. To flush to mail to internet and receive from internet. You
have use pppd to connect to ISP.

Documentation - /usr/doc/HOWTO/ISP-Hookuo-HOWTO
/usr/doc/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO

You can also search on www.redhat.com

Try running update scripts provided on PCQuest (same month). It will
configure for pppd ( not sure of this ) if you have modem connected.

I have done this with slackware 1.0.2

I wish you good luck

Bye
Venugopal