Re: Hi!

Raj Mathur wrote:

> I'm afraid I do not agree with any of your suggestions.  I'm happily
> running KDE on a 486/66 with 24MB of RAM, and it's quite acceptable
> (if a tad slow).  Secondly, you should be easily able to pare down
> your RH installation to 100-150MB -- one doesn't /really/ need 4
> shells, does one? (Just an example)

But hr has only 8 mb ram, and I tried kde+netscape on 486 with 12 mb ram
and it is really torturing.

>     Mukund> partition.
>
> No. UMSDOS is an abortion.

Agree, but if you are tight disk space and can not have separate
partition  then umsdos is the only choice.

>     Mukund> If you really want to learn linux the dark world of
>     Mukund> command line is best, the gui is for the people who just
>     Mukund> want to use linux.
>
> Uh, the times they are a'changing.  GUI's are perfectly fine for
> right-brain people, it's just us left-brain types who go around
> claiming that CLI's are God's gift to personkind.  Here's a simple
> test: stare fixedly at the dot below, first with your left eye closed
> for 15 minutes and then with your right eye closed for 15 minutes:

Well, I think the choice is purely personal hence I withdraw my comment.

- --
Best Wishes.
- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/default.html