Re: Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 12:29:17PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> > Linux just an OS
>
> OK, so says you. Unfortunately for you, the multitude of people does *not*
> think that way. We look at Linux as being symbolic of something we believe
> in. I have discussed this before on this list and even with you in
> private, so you know this.

Just my point: "Linux" is something we believe in.  I'm not sure if everyone
here believes in the same thing. I believe in "Linux" too, but a slightly
different flavor. Everyone who reads this list knows what I'm talking about.

In the end, we all have more similarities than differences. We all
believe that patent-raj, MS style monopolies hurt developers as well as
end users. As Kirk McKusick likes to put it, we share the "high bit".

However, the lower order bits are messed up. Can't we just live with our
differences ?

	-Arun